Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thoughts on Valentines Day

This Sunday is Valentines Day. I expect me and my wife will have dinner somewhere but am neither for or against this holiday. When i was single i was pretty anti-Valentines Day but being in love and more importantly being happy with your station in life replaces some of that bitterness. Since i don't post on the weekends i wanted to take the next few days and poke a little at this holiday.

First off lets look at things that share the Valentine name.
 
Yep, Greg "the Hammer" Valentine was the first thing i thought of. He's always been a favorite of me and my brother. Who can forget his devastating finishing move- the elbow smash!



This is actually a good movie. I did not see the 3-D version but i heard it took advantage of the 3-D technology and has 
"one of the longest and most unabashedly gratuitous full-frontal nude scenes in horror film history.”
Frank Scheck of The Hollywood Reporter

 
The Resident Evil games are some of the most fun i have had playing a game. I avoid the movies like an U.M.B.R.E.L.L.A. plague.


I have played all the Soul Caliber games. Before that my brother and me played Soul Blade until we wore the damn disc out. Knowing all that, i didn't know this characters name was Valentine. I must have assumed her name was Booby McBoob.

  
I found this album cover while doing research and i'm guessing this is melodic metal. Possibly a Polish or Russian band. Female lead singer.
*Runs to check Wikipedia*
Couldn't find anything. I'm sure i'm dead on anyway.



Scott Valentine. Yep. That's it. I'm speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment