Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Random True Stories

I was at a Halloween loft party years ago and my night was taking a bad turn. Earlier in the night some friends and i had eaten a lot of "mushrooms" on our pizza. I think i heard someone mention my ex was at the party and the "fear" started to creep in. I was spiraling into a full panic attack and was heading for the door when the crowd of people seemed to part and  i saw the Cookie Monster.
 
The "fear" instantly left my body as i approached Cookie Monster. "Cookie Monster?" i said. He tilted his head in a questioning manner. "Can i have a hug?" I asked. He shook his furry blue head in a yes motion as his googly eyes danced in opposite circles. He opened his arms and i hugged him hard. The "fear" was gone. I stayed at the party and completely forgot about whatever had been troubling me earlier.

I've told this story to a few of my friends who had been at that party. None of them remember seeing anyone dressed as Cookie Monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment